Kit Fees- $900.00
(Cosmetology students are required to pay a Registration Fee of $100 at the time of sign up AND make a deposit of $900 at Enrollment Meeting)
Kit Fees- $400.00
(Advanced Manicurist students are required to pay a Registration Fee of $100 at the time of sign up AND make a deposit of $400 at Enrollment Meeting).
Students will also need to have a Laptop, Notebook Paper, Pens, Pencils, Black Permanent Marker, Index Cards, Flip Flops, Trapper/Binder, Locker Lock and Headphones. Additional purchases include a Smock from Professional Image at the Richland Mall and Black Scrub Pants. At the end of the program, students will be responsible for purchasing their State Board Kit ($50/$30) and Exam Fee.
Deciding how to pay for school
The biggest concern for most potential students is "How can I pay for school?" Did you know Apex Academy accepts Financial Aid, V.A. Benefits, Scholarships, Tuition Financing and Self Pay Payments? Let us talk with you about your Financial Options and what may work best for you!
What's financial aid?
Financial Aid also known as Aid, Federal Aid, or Federal Assistance is money available to help assist in School costs. Apex primarily deals with two types of Aid; Loans and Grants. A Loan is something the student will be required to pay back post Graduation while a Grant is money that the student will not have to pay back. Students must be willing to complete the FAFSA to determine if they are eligible for Financial Aid.
What is the FAFSA?
If you are interested in applying for Financial Aid, you must fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Different types of aid (private scholarships, state grants, etc.) have different rules, called eligibility criteria, to determine who gets the aid. There is no age limit when it comes to people who can apply for Aid. Federal Aid is Available for the Cosmetology program only. For additional tips to Filling out the FAFSA Click Tips to Complete FAFSA. When you fill out the FAFSA be sure to keep your login information in a safe place. To ensure Apex can give you an estimate of Aid based off of your FAFSA, enter our School Code 042661 when promoted.
Net Price Calculator , Consumer Catalog and Helpful Links
Consumer Information Catalog (CIC)
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Annual Security Report / Clery
Voter Registration Link
Student Aid Website
IPEDS College Navigator
Net Price Calculator
Click Note: that the estimate is not final, is not binding, and may change. Student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for and receive Federal student aid funds.
Apex Academy does not offer In-House scholarships at this time. However, Apex Academy will accept scholarships from any outside agency.
Apex Academy is approved by the State Approving Agency of Ohio to accept funding for both the Cosmetology and Advanced Manicurist Programs. A Veteran, spouse or child of a Veteran are eligible to take advantage of these benefits. It is the student’s responsibility to apply for the benefits online at www.gibill.va.gov or by completing the paper form VA 22-1990. Once applied, Apex Academy will need a copy of student’s Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a copy of the DD-214 discharge paperwork.
Tuition Financing Company
Apex Academy has contracted with a Tuition Financing Company called TFC Credit Corporation. All paperwork will be completed through Apex Academy for payments that will go through TFC. Payments for TFC will be set up with an automatic withdrawal from a checking / savings account. Payment plans will be based on individual needs. Financing will be available with a low interest rate. All students are approved and a co-signer is necessary.
Apex Academy accepts payment in the form of cash, personal check, card, money order, cashiers or bank check. Students have the option to pay in full prior to start date or to pay in payments.
1. Apex Academy recently signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution intends/has used, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
2. Apex Academy was recently awarded $43,429 from the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act to help mitigate financial impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. Of this total, $21,729 will be used to assist students experiencing financial hardships caused by the pandemic.
3. $21,728.85 is the total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of 01/01/2021.
4. 33 is the estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
5. 33 is the total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
6. Emergency Financial Aid Grant funds ($21, 729.00) will be evenly divided among 33 qualifying and pre-qualifying students determined on September 5, 2020. This makes each student eligible for $658.45. Estimated 18 Students will be issued their Grant in the first disbursement and estimated 15 pre-qualifying students in the second disbursement. If there are no longer 15 qualifying at the time of the second disbursement, the difference will be split equally AMONG those who qualify under the second disbursement until all funds are gone. If there are more than 33 qualifying students in total, the additional funds will come from the Institutional HEERF Grant. The first Disbursement will go to Students who were enrolled any time from March 13, 2020 - July 15, 2020, AND who meet the three requirements below as of the disbursement date which is September 11, 2020. The second Disbursement will go to Students who are new enrollments from July 16, 2020 - September 29, 2020 AND who meet the three requirements below as of the disbursement date which is November 4, 2020.
Students are eligible and will automatically have a check issued to them if they fulfill ALL of the qualifications below:
1. Student must be/have been enrolled in a Title IV Eligible Program (Cosmetology) in the year 2020.
2. Student completed the FAFSA OR is Eligible to file a FAFSA under section 484 of the HEA requirements.
3. Student has not withdrawn prior to the “HEERF disbursement date.”
7. Graduates who were enrolled March 13, 2020 - July 15, 2020 and who qualify are included in the calculation. Pre- qualifying student are those who registered to begin classes in September 2020. Emergency financial aid grants to students can be used for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus (including eligible expenses under a student's cost of attendance, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child care). The COA also includes tuition and fees; housing and food allowance for off-campus students; and allowances for books, supplies, transportation, loan fees, and, if applicable, dependent care. It can also include other expenses like an allowance for the rental or purchase of a personal computer or costs related to a disability.
Institution Portion Reporting can be found HERE.
Apex Academy Hair Skin Nails School of Cosmetology